New York City: (212) 725-1818
Rockland County: (845) 353-1818
Polina Ivko, a native of Ukraine and a New York-transplant, is a multi-award-winning attorney, mediator, entrepreneur, board member, speaker, philanthropist, and lifetime artist and musician. Since the inception of her firm, Ivko Law Group, in 2018, she has built a reputation as an influential force in the arts, entertainment, luxury goods, NFT, and tech industries. With a unique business perspective and extensive industry experience, Polina expertly represents multinational creatives and businesses alike. Her dynamic and client-centered approach prioritizes creative problem-solving and effective communication, making her an ideal advocate for visionaries materializing their ideas and dreams.
Polina's practice spans across various sectors, including arts, entertainment, luxury goods, NFTs, tech, travel, and beauty. Her deep industry knowledge, coupled with her robust professional network, allows her to provide top-tier legal representation. She is particularly proud to have led the way in the emerging technologies, such NFT and AI, before they became mainstream. Indeed she the go-to NFT lawyer not only for individuals and entities but for her colleagues as well.
Polina specializes in Intellectual Property Law, Contract Law, Corporate Law, Nonprofit Law, First Amendment Law, International Law, and Employment Law. Her experience extends to transactional and litigation matters, as well as general business advising. She skillfully handles industry-specific legal issues and possesses a deep understanding of business practices, making her a strategic ally for her clients.
- University of Miami, J.D. and L.L.M.
- Georgetown University + King's College London, International Business, Trade, and Tax Law
- School of Arts #2, Fine Arts and Piano
- Florida Atlantic University, B.S.
- State of New York: Attorney (Bar Member)
- US District Court, Southern District of New York: Attorney
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York: Attorney
- Florida Bar: Authorized House Counsel
- New York State: Real Estate Broker
- New York State: Notary Public
Honors and Awards
- 2023 Partner of the Year Nominee | Luxury Law Alliance
- 2021-2023 New York Rising Star | IP & Entertainment | Super Lawyers
- 2022 Top Women Attorneys | New York | Super Lawyers
- 2021 Miami Web Fest Award
- 2020 Rising Voice of Entertainment and Sports Law | ABA Forum on Entertainment & Sports Industries
- 2020-23 SHEowns Certified | Syndicate for Human Equity, Inc.
Notable Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Publications in the IFAR Journal Volume 21, No. 1/2, 2022: "Cassirer Case Returns to the Lower Court after Supreme Court Ruling" and "Two Schiele Works on Paper to be Sold at Auction after Decision in Title Dispute."
- A passionate piece titled "An Impassioned Plea" featured in the Entertainment and Sports Lawyer Spring 2023 issue of the ABA Forum on the Entertainment & Sports Industries.
- A featured speaker at the annual meeting of the Museum Attorneys Group run by the Smithsonian Institution.
- Keynote speaker at the Baltimore Webfest and panelist at the Miami Webfest.
- Guest lecturer for Henry Root's Music Law class at the University of Miami Law, as well as at Magnus Resch's class for graduate students at Columbia University and Emily Behzadi's art law class at California Western School of Law.
- Speaker and judge at legal forums hosted by Cardozo School of Law.
- Delivered an online course for myCLE, a platform for continuing legal education.
- Recent speaking role at the Cutting Edge in NOLA, a conference for music business professionals.
- Regular moderating and speaking roles at ABA Forum on Entertainment and Sports Industries' events and platforms.
- Scheduled engagements with leading organizations such as Deloitte, Harvard, CalCPA, Dallas Bar Association and the American Bar Association (ABA).
Professional Affiliations and Leadership Roles
- National Sponsorship Chair for the ABA Forum on Entertainment and Sports Industries: Polina secures business sponsorships and speakers for the Forum's bi-annual national conferences and other related activities, reinforcing her influence and connectivity in the industry.
- Member of the ABA Forum on Entertainment and Sports Industries' Nominations Committee: As part of this committee, Polina helps identify and nominate future leaders within the forum, shaping its continued growth and success.
- Co-Chair of the Planning Committee for the ABA Forum on Entertainment and Sports Industries' Annual Conference in Las Vegas, NV: Polina plays a vital role in orchestrating one of the industry's most anticipated gatherings, confirming her status as a key player in the field.
- Member of the New York City Bar Association's International Law Committee: Here, she contributes her expertise to various international legal issues, further broadening the firm's reach.
- Member of the New York City Bar Association's Art Law Committee: Here, she contributes her expertise to various art and cultural property issues, further solidifying her expertise in these fields.
- Member of the Museum Attorneys Group: Polina contributes to planning and running the annual Legal Issues in Museum Administration conference, which is powered by the Smithsonian Institution. This role underlines her status as an influential figure in the intersection of law and cultural institutions.
- Chief legal research consultant for the International Foundation for Art Research (IFAR): In this role, Polina consults IFAR on the developments of various domestic and international legal disputes and legislation involving art, cultural property, and intellectual property law, further enhancing her reputation in these areas.
Pro Bono Work
Polina is a passionate philanthropist and has a long-standing commitment to giving back to her community. She founded U:HEAL, a private nonprofit foundation dedicated to rebuilding the lives of Ukrainian artists affected by the war. Furthermore, she frequently engages with other nonprofits such as Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Art Students League, Free Arts, and others.