New York City: (212) 725-1818
Rockland County: (845) 353-1818
Andres, or Andy as he is most commonly referred to, most recently spent nearly five years as the head of the trademark group of a multi-national company that manufactured health and beauty products, as well as kitchen appliances. In that capacity, Andy successfully enforced the intellectual property rights of the company by pursuing counterfeiters of the company's products worldwide. He negotiated streamlined procedures with companies including Amazon, eBay and others to shut down sellers suspected of selling counterfeit products. Andy also worked closely with outside counsel to involve local authorities to shut down factories manufacturing counterfeit products.
Andy has concentrated his practice in intellectual property litigation for more than 25 years, including patent and trademark infringement, design patents, trade dress, trade secret misappropriation, retaliatory antitrust claims, and copyright infringement matters. He also has successfully resolved domain name disputes and enforced trademarks on the Internet on behalf of clients.
As a patent attorney, he has prosecuted a wide range of technologies including computer software, computer storage interfaces, Internet and e-commerce, mechanical systems, semiconductors, laser diodes, and other technologies before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Juris Doctor, 1991, SUNY Buffalo School of Law, Buffalo, NY
- BSEE, 1985, General Motors Institute, Flint, MI
Bar & Court Admissions
- Member of the Bar of New York State
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit